|Single Kayak* / Canoe||Double Kayak||Stand Up Paddleboard||Surfski||Performance Paddles|
*Kayakers wishing to paddle alone must be able to explain or demonstrate a solo recovery of a capsized kayak
Prices above do not include GST
If you are looking to try kayaking in one of the most beautiful places in the world, come and rent at Deep Cove Kayak! We have one of the largest kayak rental fleets in Canada, with a diverse range of boats suitable for beginners to advanced paddlers, that can accommodate all shapes and sizes. Our knowledgeable staff can assist you with picking the right watercraft for your needs from our rental fleet which consists of plastic and fiberglass single and double kayaks as well as stand up paddleboards, canoes, surf skis, and dragon boats.
You can rent for a minimum of two hours, take the whole day, or go for a multi-day rental if you want to explore further afield or camp down Indian Arm in our expedition-worthy double kayaks. If you are not sure of where you want to go, our staff can give you advice on the best places to see wildlife, scenery and where to paddle in our calm waters.
We also offer Season’s Passes for either single kayaks, double kayaks, surf skis or stand up paddleboards from $445 for the season.
All kayak rentals include paddle, PFD, whistle, spray skirt, bailing device and 15m of tow line, and all single kayaks have double bulkheads for safety if capsized.
We highly recommend that you reserve ahead to ensure that we have the right boat available for you. Call us at 604-929-2268 to Reserve & Inquire.
Dates & Times
ALL HOURS OF OPERATION ARE WEATHER AND DAYLIGHT DEPENDENT- Please call us on 604-929-2268 prior to departure to confirm our hours.
- Weekends: weather permitting, 10am to dusk
- Open 7 days a week: 10:00am to dusk (around 6pm)
- Weekdays: 10:00am to dusk (7:30pm – 8:00pm)
- Weekends: 9:00am to dusk (7:30pm – 8:00pm)
- Weekdays: 9:00am to dusk (8:00pm – 9:00pm)
- Weekends: 9:00am to dusk (8:00pm – 9:00pm)
- Weekdays: 9:00am to dusk (9:00pm)
- Weekends: 8:00am to dusk (9:00pm)
- August 10 – August 16 9:00 am weekdays/8:00am weekends to 8:30pm
- August 17 – August 23: 9:00 am weekdays/8:00am weekends to 8:00pm
- August 24 – September 7: 9:00 am weekdays/8:00am weekends to 7:30pm
- Weekdays: 9:00am to dusk (6:00pm – 7:00pm)
- Weekends: 9:00am to dusk (6:00pm – 7:00pm)
- Weekdays and weekends until Thanksgiving: 10:00 am to 6pm, after Thanksgiving please call to confirm as we will be weather dependent.
If you need info on what to wear or bring with you check out our What to Bring page.
If you need additional info on our safety or cancellation policies, check out our Additional Info page.
If you have any other questions, see if they are already answered on our FAQ page or call us at 604.929.2268.
SEASON’S PASS PRICE
- Stand Up Paddle Board: $445 – Two hour rental
- Single Kayak: $495 – Three hour rental
- Double Kayak: $595 – Three hour rental
Deep Cove Kayak Centre’s hours of operation are based on weather and daylight in early and late season. Please see the following for the terms and conditions:
VALID FOR THE FOLLOWING TIMES:
- Valid for a three hour rental per day except for SUP passes = two hour per day
- Valid from April 1, 2016 to October 31, 2016 weather and availability permitting
- 7 days per week before May 1st
- Monday – Friday from May 1st – Labor Day (except Holidays)
- 7 days per week after Labor Day
PASS HOLDER PERKS:
- All pass holders may use a surfski seven days a week (2 hour rental), provided that they are able to successfully demonstrate a remount.
- All double pass holders may use one single kayak provided they are able to demonstrate a solo self-rescue to the satisfaction of our staff.
- All single and double pass holders may use one Stand Up Paddleboard for a two hour rental.
- All pass holders are able to use the kayaks and stand up paddleboards at Cates Park Paddling Centre during hours of operation. (Friday – Sunday, July 1st – Labor Day)
- 10% discount on overnight/long term rentals
- 10% discount on all tours and lessons
- 10% discount for friends on weekday rentals
- 10% discount for pass holder on weekend rentals
- 10% discount at Deep Cove Outdoors
- Upgrade to a single kayak for SUP pass holder $5.00/hr (with the demonstration of a solo self-rescue)
- Upgrade to double kayak for single kayak pass holder $7.00/hr
- Day rental upgrade (any amount of time past 3 hours) $20.00
Stand Up Paddleboard
- The only restriction is that you are to only use the boards for two hours at a time per day.
- Only permitted to go solo paddling after successfully completing a demonstration of a solo capsize and recovery or recovery refresher course or Rec 4 – Solo Paddling within the year of 2016
- You must always be accompanied by a person over the age of 16 or have successfully demonstrated a solo capsize and recovery or recovery refresher course or Rec 4 – Solo Paddling within the year of 2016
- There is no upgrade from a double kayak to two single kayaks regardless on availability of kayaks
ALL RESERVATION AND CANCELLATION POLICIES APPLY TO PASSHOLDERS
ATTENTION 2016 SEASON PASS HOLDERS
In 2016, all season pass holders will need to demonstrate their capsize recovery skills. Deep Cove Canoe & Kayak values the safety of all of our paddlers and we feel practicing the critical skill of capsize recovery is needed each season if not more often. You can demonstrate a capsize recovery for us by the following means:
- Deep Cove Kayak Centre’s four Sea Kayaking Basics lessons. Including Introduction to Ocean Kayaking, Introduction to Capsize Recovery, Bracing and Edging and Solo Paddling. This four pack lesson series can be purchased for $280 plus tax (note: with a season pass you receive a 10% discount on all lessons and tours).
- Spend one hour refreshing you capsize recovery skills in Deep Cove alongside one of our instructors with our Recovery Refresher course. Recommended for paddlers who have taken a capsize course before, but would like to refresh their technique. $25 Saturdays (2016 dates to be announced)
- Practice on your own and demo it to us. Contact Deep Cove Kayak Centre to set up a time to demonstrate your capsize recovery skills in front of the paddling centre. This can be done in 10 minutes and is recommended only for those paddlers competent in their solo recovery skills. Please note that the employee witnessing your refresher must be a Manager, Supervisor or Instructor.